While you are in Jaipur, why not give learning to cook local food a shot ? A cooking class in Jaipur takes you to the home of a local family where you can see how a typical middle class family lives, prepares meals and eats together. This not only helps you to learn some delicious dishes of local Jaipur cuisine, but also provides an unparalleled insight in to the lifestyle of the locals. and enjoy the world famous Rajasthani hospitality firsthand. This activity is more than just a learning cooking session. It helps you get a peek in to the daily lives of the locals and be a part of the life too.
Cooking menu varies according to the season and generally includes a few vegetable dishes, daals, lassi, chai, pakora, breads (parantha, roti of different flours), a few local snacks like daal baati, choorma, laddoo, a dessert and 1-2 meat dishes on request.
- Price: INR 6500 per ticket on buying 2 or more ticket. One ticket for INR 7500. Cooking classes on private basis can be arranged for extra cost.
- Duration of Cooking Class: 4-5 Hours.
- Food type: Vegetarian by default. Non-vegetarian, Vegan dishes can be arranged on request.
- Number of food dishes available: 10-14 dishes.
- Timing: Can be between 9:30 am and 6:00 pm
- Transport : Free pickup and drop from walled city.
- Inclusions: Tea, snacks, meal of cooked items, non-alcoholic drinks, bottled water, hand wipes, sanitizer.
- Extras: It is possible to have some extra fun activities like Sari wearing, heena tattoos, shopping, celebration of local festivals and a few more on request depending on season and availability.